A trip to Milwaukee, travel tips – what to do and what not to do in Milwaukee
Milwaukee Art Museum, at night
1. Milwaukee has two major international airports that receive flights from over a hundred different cities around the world. The city also has regular rail links to cities in the United States.
2. Many architectural sights are most interesting to admire in the evening. After dark, most of the buildings are adorned with spectacular lighting.
3. The most interesting festivals and holidays in Milwaukee take place in the summer. A significant part of entertainment programs within the framework of such holidays is free.
4. In the period from May to October, many museums and cultural centers have an extended working day and receive visitors until 20:00. During the rest of the year, they may close earlier, so check the opening hours in advance.
5. There are many hotels of various levels in the city, the most expensive ones are located on the central streets. Howell Avenue is distinguished by a wide choice of budget hotels. Copyright www.orangesmile.com
6. Shoppers should definitely take a walk along Milwaukee’s most fashionable street, Brady St. It is the center of exclusive designer shops and fashion boutiques, and special souvenir shops are also located on this street.
7. Fans of fish and seafood dishes will be especially interested in visiting local restaurants on Friday. An interesting tradition has been preserved in the city – “fish Friday”, on this day the most interesting dishes are prepared in restaurants.
Milwaukee: authentic traditions and festivals
Milwaukee is often referred to as the “city of festivals”; a lot of themed holidays take place here throughout the year, many of which have long gained worldwide fame. A large-scale and interesting event in … Open
8. Foam lovers will love the bars located on N Water Street. In them you can try special beers from kegs, which are produced at the local brewery.
9. The most convenient type of urban transport are buses that run on schedule. Taxi services in Milwaukee are quite expensive, they will be beneficial only for those who travel around the city in a large company.
10. During the summer, Lake Express ferries depart regularly from the port area. They can get to the most popular beaches and recreation areas located on the shores of Lake Michigan.
11. There are many well-maintained parks in the city, the maintenance of cleanliness in which is strictly controlled. They have specially equipped areas for organizing picnics; large fines are provided for garbage left in the wrong place.
12. Bicycles remain a common mode of transportation in Milwaukee. In many areas of the city, special bicycle paths are equipped, they are also available in many city parks.
13. The city maintains strict control over the sale of alcohol and tobacco products. When buying such goods, young people should definitely have their passport with them.
14. Independent tourists who save on visiting restaurants and cafes should look at the main city market, Milwaukee Public Market. Here you will find the richest selection of products at very attractive prices.
15. Milwaukee is characterized by rather changeable weather conditions, so even in the summer it is worth taking a few warm clothes with you on a trip. Going on a long walk, it will not be superfluous to take an umbrella or a raincoat with you.